Take a private Dutch tulip fields tour with your local guide. Maybe you want to walk, or cycle? Its up to you. Delight in the Spring and all the flowers that create an explosion of colour through the countryside. This once in a lifetime Tulip Tour will take you not only to the Keukenhof where you can see over 32 hectares of the flowers, but also take the opportunity to cycle next to the tulip fields, and visit the town of Lisse. Your guide can tailor-make this experience to include some of the most famous fields. This biking route is approximately 10 miles (15 kilometres) on flat paths. Next to flower fields you will also see great monuments like castles and churches that tells the rich story of the area.
Where will you go?
As well as the Keukenhof, you will visit several places in Holland where you can admire the beautiful, colourful flower fields. The most famous area is located behind the North Sea dunes, between the cities of Leiden, Haarlem, Amsterdam and The Hague.
Want to pick your own tulips?
For the die-hard fans, we can arrange for you to visit the tulip picking gardens, the only place in the Netherlands you are allowed to pick your own tulips!
Fun facts about the tulip!
- The Tulip is the most famous flower from Holland and often used as the icon of the Netherlands
- For more than 400 years the tulip has been connected to Holland
- Officially, the tulip is a wild flower from Persia. In the 16th century the tulip came to the Netherlands via Turkey
- The name Tulip (Tulipan) is also a derivative of the turban which was then often worn by Turkish men
- Professional local guide through the tulip fields and Keukenhof
- Pick up and drop off to your accommodation
- Bike rental
- Entry into the Keukenhof gardens (open until May 19th 2019)
Does not include:
- Food and beverages
- Gratuities / tips (optional)
- Picking your own tulips (extra cost and time)
Want to capture the memories?
Book our photographer to accompany you on this tour and take incredible photos that will be the envy of all your friends and families. They can even show you how to make the most of your smartphone in these incredible fields of flowers.