A walking tour of Amsterdam is a great way to explore the city, with so much to see let us help you with discovering the most unique places to wander and get a local feel of the city. Hit the streets and get walking with us. The best way to see Amsterdam is with a private local guide that knows all the hidden gems. From Dutch design to cheese tasting, there’s a tour sure to please every visitor.
Amsterdam is a vibrant city with a multitude of sights and attractions, but it’s easy to get lost among the tourists. We can show you all the wonderful hidden gems and give you local tips on the best places to eat, drink, and visit during your stay during our walking tour of Amsterdam.
The old city of Amsterdam is great to visit by foot. One of our friendly local guides will describe 800 years worth of history and culture to you along the way. From the humble beginnings on the river Amstel to the amazing Golden age.
Wander with us and pass the world famous 17th century Canal belt, that has been a part of the Unesco World Heritage site in 2010, and formed by draining swampland to create a canal network of concentric arcs. Pass Dam Square, home to the Royal Palace and 15th-century Nieuwe Kerk where many Dutch naval heroes are buried.
Discover old inner courtyards in the city of Amsterdam.
We will visit the highlights of the city which are mainly Dam square, the national war memorial, the historical Begijnhof which features the oldest wooden house of Amsterdam, the Flower market, Rembrandtplein, and time permitting Museumplein. Of course, you can let me know beforehand if there is anything else that you would really like to see or experience in Amsterdam.
Walk through the infamous Red Light District, and down some of the oldest streets near the harbour. Your guide will tell fascinating stories of the sites that you pass, including the Western Church, Anne Frank House, Dutch East Indies HQ, and Nieuwmarkt (New Market), dominated by the Waag, an original city gate from the Middle Ages.
Walking tour options
All our tours are 100% customized to your wishes and interests here are some suggestions:
- Explore the Old City of Amsterdam with a private guide
- Stroll down some of Amsterdam’s oldest streets and see where the city began at the Dam
- Discover how swampland was drained to form the concentric arcs of canals that make up the Canal Belt
- Walk past Anne Frank House, the Royal Palace, and the Nieuwe Kerk
- Go inside the enchanting historic courtyard of the Begijnhof, home to some of the city’s most sought-after private dwellings
- Wander through the infamous Red Light District
- Discover an original city gate from the Middle Age